Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2014 @ 16:58
    Craig100

Release date for V7.1?

Can someone give us a decent estimate of when V7.1 with the image cropper might be released. We're unemployed here till we get an image copper for V7 and need to manage client expectations (which are currently sky high after they saw the V7 demo!). ;)

Cheers

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2014 @ 17:13
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

There is no release date yet, but it's probably somewhere in the spring this year. 

If you need an Image Cropper for v7 you can try this: https://github.com/Joostvandenberg/umbraco7-imagecropper

Jeroen

• Benjamin Ravn 35 posts 68 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 11:19
    Benjamin Ravn

Can we rely 100% on the release date of v.7.1?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 11:22
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I wouldn't rely on it a 100%. 6.2 should have been out by now, but that also got postponed.

Jeroen

• Enrique Blanco 9 posts 61 karma points
    Feb 28, 2014 @ 16:42
    Enrique Blanco

I am very surprised for the current roadmap for V7.

It seems that a v7.2 is being already developed (5%) and there is a planned bugfix release V7.1.1 that alreay has bugs to fix... The main problem is that v7.1 is only 61% complete!! And it seems that afeter that are 45 issues to complete.

Why ship a 7.1 with a known set of bugs? Why develop a 7.2 that fixes 36 issues, when you have: a) Not released a the previous version (and have only completed 61% of it). b) Not released the bugfix version of the previous version.

I think that the release date should be postponed and the quality must be a must, let's do not fall into a "release fever". In's been some months of use of v7, and my impression is that the quality and usability level of the product (specially the RTE, which IMHO is a step back from previous versions) should be improved.

Thanks,

Enrique

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Mar 08, 2014 @ 19:31
    Craig100

Wow, I sat down this morning to start work on getting a load of templates we'd worked hard on into a brand new V7.1 with image cropper. We'd delayed the customer a few weeks especially for this.  I was greatly peeved to see it's release had been put back another 2 weeks.  It's a deal breaker. We have to get this site out so are having to go back to V6. When did the release date go back and why? I can't find anything on social media or Google or Our to explain it to our client. 

Cheers,

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft