Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• André Steenbergen 23 posts 43 karma points
    Jan 07, 2014 @ 15:58
    André Steenbergen

Issue getting tabs "developer" and "members" after publish

I have installed the umbraco cms from nuget, but after publish to azure I am having trouble getting the tabs developer and members. I think I included all important files in my solution file, but I keep running into this issue, I even excluded and reincluded the umbraco and umbraco_client folders.

Can somebody explain what I am doing wrong. Including the tree view which files are included is not really possible, as there are many files in there.

I see the following url returning error 500:
    umbraco/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=developer&tree=&isDialog=false

This json error is given:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException","StackTrace":"   at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.TreeRequestParams.get_StartNodeID()\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.LegacyTreeParams..ctor(IEnumerable`1 formCollection)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootXmlNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper, String currentSection)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetRootForMultipleAppTree>d__12.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetApplicationTrees>d__4.MoveNext()"}
  • Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 12:46
    Ismail Mayat

Andre,

I get the same error but I am not on azure.

at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.TreeRequestParams.get_StartNodeID() at Umbraco.Web.Trees.LegacyTreeParams..ctor(IEnumerable`1 formCollection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootXmlNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetRootNodeFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper, String currentSection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 24, 2014 @ 12:54
    Ismail Mayat

Ok so this only happens on my dev server and not localhost. I thought maybe my build server has not copied over all files but it definitely has.

Ismail

• André Steenbergen 23 posts 43 karma points
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 14:25
    André Steenbergen

I upgraded to 7.0.1 That fixed my issues.

Jan 27, 2014 @ 11:15
    Ismail Mayat

Andre,

I am on 7.0.2 and still getting this issue. it has now started on localhost as well.

Regards

Ismail

• Thomas Brinegar 84 posts 162 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 19:17
    Thomas Brinegar

Hey guys,

I have been getting the same issue since releasing to the production environment on my end as well. We are still on 7.0.0 but I have not yet found out how to resolve this.

The other thread is here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/47980-Umbraco-700-Locked-out-of-Developer-Section

An additional quirk I have noticed since moving to production--which is simply just been replacing folder contents on our server--for some elements in the back office (including login page) buttons and labels are not converted to friendly text. Example:

[general_actions] - Which is found in the top-right when navigated onto a content node.

Anyone else experiencing that as well?

Feb 03, 2014 @ 10:26
    Ismail Mayat

So the fix for this is here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4091 update your web.config to

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" enableVersionHeader="false" targetFramework="4.5" />

Updated web.config and it works for me.

Regards

Ismail

Feb 03, 2014 @ 14:56
    Thomas Brinegar

Ismail, you're a lifesaver--this corrected both issues I was experiencing. The targetFramework attribute was removed in our web.config since we had some child applications that worked on a different version. I've made use of the "location" tag and re-specified the framework version in the root web config.

Thank you, thank you! The Umbraco Community rocks!

• Kim Schurmann 15 posts 135 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2014 @ 12:57
    Kim Schurmann

Updating the web.config worked fine, but now I can't see the navigation in Chrome - works fine in IE-11 though.

Chrome error in the console is:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Invalid token) [domain]/umbraco/Api/UpdateCheck/GetCheck

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Invalid token) 

[domain]/umbraco/UmbracoApi/Dashboard/GetDashboard?section=content

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 417 (Invalid token) [domain]/umbraco/UmbracoApi/Section/GetSections

Feb 10, 2014 @ 16:38
    Thomas Brinegar

Kim, I have had this issue a few times sporadically. Usually closing the browser and re-opening the backoffice has worked fixed it for me. In some cases, try clearing out the cache/browser history.

• Kim Schurmann 15 posts 135 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 16:41
    Kim Schurmann

Allright, I will try that the next time. :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft