Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jan 07, 2014 @ 23:04
    Dan Evans

TinyMCE Formats dropdown does not show selected styles

Buifding my first site in U7.1. Can sucessfully create custom styles and use them in TinyMCE however it used to be the case that when moving between styles in the text editor the dropdown would also change to indicate what style is in use. This does not now happen. If you select the dropdown it does highlight the correct style so there is recognition of the style but the selected item is not changed - whetever text is selected it just says "Formats".

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Feb 23, 2016 @ 14:58
    Jay Dobson

I realize this is old, but in case anyone runs into it like I did, here's a potential answer (at least it was mine). I had upgraded to Umbraco 7.4 (from 4.7) and things just stopped working for me.

In the Developer > Data Types > Rich Text Editor node ensure Styles/styleselect is on

Turning on styles for TinyMce Editor

In the same window, scroll down further and ensure the stylesheet(s) you want associated with the editor is selected.

Selecting the stylesheet you want to be associated with the dropdown

In the Settings > Styles section add nodes to your stylesheet for each item you want to show in the drop-down. My upgrade from 4.7 to 7.4 deleted/failed to migrate these nodes, which is why it stopped working for me.

Adding style nodes to that stylesheet

That was all I needed. Now I can see my style in the drop-down.

Now we can see the styles we want in our drop-down

Hope this helps someone!

Jay

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Feb 23, 2016 @ 20:20
    Jay Dobson

Another thing I discovered is that you don't have to add the nodes to get them to show up.

As of Umbraco 7, you can add a comment syntax to items within your .css file that the editor will pick-up.

Example:

/*umb_name:Heading 1/ h1 { font-weight: normal; }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft