Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• crono 58 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 10, 2014 @ 09:39
    crono

RTE Regional Characters?

Hello,

I'm trying to extract the content of a rich text editor that contains the characters 'æøåÆØÅ', but when saving the document, the characters get converted into på , ø, and so on..

A simple 'textstring datatype' works flawlessly - the characters show up on the page as they should.

All pages on the site are using UTF-8 encoding and the SQL Collation is: Danish_Norwegian_CI_AS

Question is; how do I make the RTE save the content with the correct encoding?

• crono 58 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:51
    crono

Shameless bump and more info...

• This is what the RTE content contains:

'Bliv optaget på anerkendt toplederuddannelse, som udbydes i samarbejde med INSEAD - en af verdens førende Business Schools. Gennemført uddannelse honoreres med et certifikat fra INSEAD.' 

• This is what it contains when I use; umbraco.library.RemoveFirstParagraphTag(v.GetPropertyValue("beskrivelse").ToString()); to get the content from my SurfaceController:

'Bliv optaget p&aring: anerkendt toplederuddannelse, som udbydes i samarbejde med INSEAD - en af verdens f&oslash:rende Business Schools. Gennemf&oslash:rt uddannelse honoreres med et certifikat fra INSEAD.'

Would greatly appriciate it, if anyone could shed some light on the subject. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft