Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Nilsson 137 posts 260 karma points
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 21:16
    Jonas Nilsson

urlReplacing and Umbraco 7

The urlReplacing section of umbracoSettings.config is removed in Umbraco 7, and it doesn't seem to
    work if i add it.

Need to change chars in the URL.

/Jonas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 22:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Hmm yeah, that's seem a bit weird. But seems that a lot of the default settings have just been omitted fromt the initial configuration file. There is a comment in the top of the file stating that settings can be added when needed according to the documentation found here: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/config-files/umbracosettings/ and in your case it sounds like it's this part that is of interest to you http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/config-files/umbracosettings/#RequestHandler

Perhaps the syntax was wrong before?

If you already have checked the above documentation I'm sure this is a bug that needs to be reported and of course fixed. Feel free to report it on http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard if it has not already been reported.

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 23:01
    Sebastiaan Janssen

As you can read in the config file, most of these settings have been moved to defaults so they are not shown in the actual config file any more but you can add them back if you really want to use them.

All of the available settings are documented here.

• Jonas Nilsson 137 posts 260 karma points
    Jan 12, 2014 @ 23:23
    Jonas Nilsson

Ok, almost everything worked after an republish, but I changed <char org=" ">_</char>, still writes as "-" in the URL.
    I'm working with an migration of an old OpenCMS site, so I need the same URL's with Umbraco, but i can solve this with IIS url rewrite.

Jan 12, 2014 @ 23:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Did you touch the web.config or recycle the app pool after you made the change? If not please do.

Btw looking at what you write above it seems that the "-" is missing in <char org="-">_</char> ?

/Jan

• Paul 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 09:34
    Paul

I added the urlReplacing and all of the char tags to the umbracoSettings file but when I do that I get a server error.

Doesn't this work in all vresions of umbraco7?

/Paul

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 10:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What's the error?

Apr 16, 2014 @ 11:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

That can perhaps be an error due to the configuration XML not being well-formed if you missed a sign somewhere perhaps? But as Sebastiaan says it's a lot easier to help you if we know what the error says :)

/Jan

• Paul 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 14:42
    Paul

I get this error: "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 80, position 18".

It looks like an encoding problem.

The problem starts with the "æ".

changed the utf-8 to iso-8859-1 and now it seems to be working again.

/Paul

Apr 16, 2014 @ 16:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Yes encoding can sometimes play a trick on you. However you should be able to write æ instead of æ and then it should work when using utf8 encoding.

/Jan

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Aug 12, 2014 @ 19:11
    Robin Nicholl

This doesn't work at all in the version of U7 I'm working with – a freshly installed 7.1.4, via WPI.

I added in a very simple urlReplacing entry:

<urlReplacing removeDoubleDashes="true" toAscii="false">
    <char org="a">z</char>
    </urlReplacing> 

Then I touched web.config, then I republished entire site. Now, when I try to create a page I get…

Appreciate any help. I need to get this working as I have to ensure that no apostrophes are included in URLs, as they play havoc with an app that uses content published by the website.

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Aug 12, 2014 @ 19:24
    Robin Nicholl

Sorry, think I may be at fault here. When I tried again, replacing å (instead of 'a') with 'z' the error went, and it worked.

One thing I'm not sure about, though, is which characters I need to add and which are already handled by the system? I guess I could use trial and error…

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft