Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leo van der Hoek 14 posts 63 karma points
    Jan 13, 2014 @ 12:41
    Leo van der Hoek

Cannot install CWS on a fresh Umbraco 7.01

I am a total newby to Umbraco and wanted to install CWS as suggested in Getting started. Installed latest version 7.0.1 and hit the install Starter kit CWS. 

then this happened.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load types from assembly Creative.Website.Starter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'RenderJsDependencies' in type 'Creative.Website.Starter.ClientDependency.Html5StandardRenderer' from assembly 'Creative.Website.Starter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load types from assembly Creative.Website.Starter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'RenderJsDependencies' in type 'Creative.Website.Starter.ClientDependency.Html5StandardRenderer' from assembly 'Creative.Website.Starter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load types from assembly Creative.Website.Starter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    ]
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) +383
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetClasses(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses, Func`2 additionalFilter) +332
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) +62
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(IEnumerable`1 assemblies) +45
       Umbraco.Core.<>c__DisplayClass41`1.

I earlier tried to find the package Runway. This is not listed at all. What is going on?

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.33440

I earlier tried to find the package Runway. This is not listed at all. What is going on?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:07
    Per Ploug

The Cws package is really outdated, as far as I know, it only works on Umbraco 4, I think the help text is outdated as well :( will get that sorted

Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:08
    Per Ploug

The reason for this is that Umbraco 7 is not backwards compatible in regards to Datatypes and certain very old APIs so there will be these sorts of issues with old packages, if you need a starterkit, I would recommend one of kits offered in the installer.

Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:49
    Leo van der Hoek

I really can't get started with version 7! All videos assume some "environment" which I cannot install. Menus are different, very confusing. Which version should I install to get started from scratch to learn Umbraco the fastest way???

Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:43
    Per Ploug

The fast guide:

Install microsoft web matrix:

http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

Download umbraco 7.0.1

http://our.umbraco.org/download

Unzip the umbraco files

Right-click the unzipped folder

Choose "open as website with webmatrix" (or something like that)

Webmatrix opens....

Click the "run" button

Installer will start in the browser.

Choose SQL CE as database

Click next

Click next

etc

You are up and running

Jan 14, 2014 @ 16:58
    Leo van der Hoek

I am up and running now under the guidance of the Fundamentals videos.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft