Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn 28 posts 101 karma points
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 03:10
    Glenn

Umbraco Courier in Umbraco 7

I have developed a new website in Umbraco 7 and am loving the new UI and UIX flow.

Unfortunatally I have found out that umbraco Courier is not supported as yet in Umbraco 7 (A bit of a deal breaker for me).

When can we expect support? Any sort of timeline or beta's that can be used?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 09:59
    Per Ploug

We are working on it, and have an internal functioning version, but currently focus is on getting 6.2 and 7.1 wrapped up so we can focus on one thing at a time, otherwise we will spread resources out too much.

Both 6.2 and 7.1 are expect in the beginning of march.

• Lee 35 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 19:57
    Lee

The OP asked when we will get Courier for Umbraco 7. You told him when you'll deliver Umbraco 6.2 and 7.1.  That does not answer the question.

Can you please tell us when can we expect to get Courier for Umbraco 7?

• Martin Fenton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 15:26
    Martin Fenton

Hi Per,

I completely appreciate the need to focus on tackling one thing at a time.

We have a new greenfield project commencing now and are looking to make a decision on Umbraco v6 or v7. We like all of the back office changes that have been made in v7 and would love to make the decision to run with that. However, we do also need to use Courier for data push between our authoring environment and production.

I realise you may not have an estimated release date yet for the Courier upgrade. However, would you have any idea? If Umbraco v6.1 and v7.1 are released in early March you will then be focused on Courier is that right? Roughly how long generally might this type of Courier upgrade take including completing development and QA?

I guess if we felt that Courier would be available within a couple of months of March then we could choose it.

I guess another option for us is to go with v6 for now and upgrade to v7 once Courier has been released.

Thanks, and good luck!

Martin

• Tim Brooks 27 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 02:31
    Tim Brooks

Is courier supported in version 7 yet? Maybe a better question - is there a beta or development version that support v7? We have already begun development on 7 and we can't really go back to 6 without quite an effort, although no courier would be a real problem and make our deployments quite an effort! Any help would be appreciated. I understand this is being worked on, I just can't find an update for when it will be done. 

EDIT - I don't know when the fully supported version of courier will be coming out for V7, but in the meantime there is a nightly build that seems to be working fine for me so far.

http://nightly.umbraco.org/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft