Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil G 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 05:41
    Phil G

Cannot configure the request if there is not content assigned

Hi All,

I have been using Umbraco for a few years now and have just upgraded to Umbraco 7.0.1. I am coming across a problem where a page renders correctly when previewing but when going to the published URL i receive the following error:

Cannot configure the request if there is not content assigned

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot configure the request if there is not content assigned

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Cannot configure the request if there is not content assigned]
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.ConfigureRequest() +292
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +144
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +376
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

This only seems to be happenning on the root node of the site so when i try to navigate to the / path i see the error.

Has anyone else come upon this problem?

Thanks, Phil.

• wakeboy 3 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 00:56
    wakeboy

Hi Phil,

I am getting the same error when I try to login to the backoffice after deploying a new site to our QA environment.

I think its caused by an IIS security setting and using "." in directory names; in my browsers console window I get the following error 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) "host/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js"

There is also a warning rasied in the servers event log.

Request information: 
    Request URL: host/Rejected-By-UrlScan?~/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js 
    Request path: /Rejected-By-UrlScan 
    User host address: 192.168.0.173
    User:  
    Is authenticated: False 
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

I have fixed the problem by configuring the URL scan to allow dot in paths, as described in this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326444

• John Ligtenberg 53 posts 214 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 09:47
    John Ligtenberg

I encountered this error message in Umbraco 7 because the 404 page simply wasn't configured. Configuring the 404 page in umbracoSettings.config solved the problem.

<errors>
          <error404>1236</error404>
    </errors>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft