Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leo van der Hoek 14 posts 63 karma points
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 17:34
    Leo van der Hoek

I have a major problem with showing the Field("pageName") in v7.0.1

I already have put the above mentioned BUG into the issue list, but it does not look like it worries anybody that this is not working at all! When I try this in v6.1.6 it all functions as expected. There are more reasons that I have left v7 like the instructual videos and the existiing packages eventually to use. I very much suspect that I pushed a wrong button at the wrong time and the database is screwed up, but I already started from scratch and still the same result. It must be me as I think the whole foundation of the software has been cut off if this is really true. However that this happens gives one some reasons to think about why this is possible.

I am very new and I am sorry to say this but I thought this CMS is good for an enduser/editor to start with. Now when I see the number of bugs and the chaos in the documentation,  the totally incomplete video collection then  I conclude that it needs a fully educated IT freak to keep it working. Do not try to update it, because you most probably ran into elements not functioning anymore.

In my times in industry it was a crime to release a peace of software without the full documentation for all working with that software that is the system designer to the end user as well. Here it looks like all the people are running from one hole to the other to keep the dyke(the current version) intact and in the same time building a new dyke behind(newer version) just in case the front dyke is collapsing!

• Tom Van Rompaey 38 posts 136 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 09:39
    Tom Van Rompaey

Hi Leo, 

I've also encountered this problem and this is defiantly a bug in v7.0.1.
    It's not really logical but it works if you insert this snippet : @Umbraco.Field("pageName", altFieldAlias: "pageName")

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft