Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 18, 2014 @ 01:08
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Umbraco 7 Missing Labels?

    Recently upgraded a installtion to Umbraco 7 and I am seeing a handful of places where usually it's buttons labels are displaying incorrectly.  Not all buttons are having this issue.

    Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3481 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 18, 2014 @ 02:14
    Per Ploug
    0

    Check the browser dev log, that should tell you what is going on (could be 404 or syntax issue in language file), might just be a cache issue, so try refreshing the browser

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 17:40
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Not really seeing anything of note in the debugger/network panel.  The only broken resource is a media asset that doesn't exist on this particular server.  I have restarted IIS Express many times over while doing some dev work.  

    Any other thoughts?  Debug below...

     

  • Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1142 posts 3247 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 17:51
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg
    0

    Which language are you using for that user in backoffice?

    Have you checked the language files in /Umbraco/Config/Lang/ and ensure you have the keys in the xml files?

    When upgrading you might not have merged the languages files? .. you could use a compare tool like Compare It, Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your language files with the language files from a fresh install.. WinMerge is free to use..

    /Bjarne  

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:04
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    This user is using English US.  I downloaded a fresh copy of 7.0.1 and did a Diffmerge with the language file in my repo and they came up identical.  :-/

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:28
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Here's another instance of missing labels/language

  • Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1142 posts 3247 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:36
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg
    100

    Those values should come from the language files..

    Does the xml have these keys?

    <area alias="login">
        <key alias="greeting0">Happy super sunday</key>
        <key alias="greeting1">Happy manic monday </key>
        <key alias="greeting2">Happy tremendous tuesday</key>
        <key alias="greeting3">Happy wonderful wednesday</key>
        <key alias="greeting4">Happy thunder thursday</key>
        <key alias="greeting5">Happy friendly friday</key>
        <key alias="greeting6">Happy shiny saturday</key>
    
        <key alias="instruction">log in below</key> <key alias="timeout">Session timed out</key>
    
        <key alias="bottomText"><![CDATA[<p style="text-align:right;">&copy; 2001 - %0% <br /><a href="http://umbraco.org" style="text-decoration: none" target="_blank">umbraco.org</a></p> ]]></key>
    
      </area>

    Does it have the key instruction and the key timeout?

  • Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1142 posts 3247 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:38
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg
    0

    Have you also tried to clear the browser data incl. clearing the cache?

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:42
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Interestingly  I am missing the instruction key.  

     

    That key doesn't appear to be in teh 7.0.1 files I just downloaded this morning either. :-/

    As far as cache goes I am using a new Incognito browser session each time I load it up, so that shouldnt' be an issue.

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:44
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Looks like it might just be a bug with the en_us language file?  It's missing there, but not in the en language file.

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:46
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Yep, switching to English (UK) seemed to have fixed the issue.  So seems like I may have stumbled on a bug.

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:52
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    For continiuty purposes... I added this as a bug in the bugs forum.

    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/47655-English-US-Language-file-missing-keys

  • Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1142 posts 3247 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:55
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg
    0

    I am not sure if en.xml and en_US.xml files are identical with the same number of keys...

    I have a v. 7.0.1 install running trough Webmatrix a it includes the key instruction and the timeout in en.xml, but not in en_US.xml, which is the same as in your screenshot. I think Umbraco might have replaced topText with the key instruction and timeout keys..

    It might also be worth upgrading to Umbraco v. 7.0.2 which just has been released today! It has at lot of bug fixes :)

    I see that the language files en.xml and en_US.xml is the same for the part in v. 7.0.2, so maybe the key topText isn't used at the moment...

  • Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1142 posts 3247 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:59
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg
    0

    You could report an issue here so the Umbraco team is aware of it: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

  • kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 19:04
    kylepauljohnson
    0

    Done.  Thanks for all your help!

    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4095

     

     

     

     

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft