Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vidar A. Westrum 23 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 10:22
    Vidar A. Westrum

Unwanted resizing on uploaded file

Hi, I rediscovered Umbraco last december, and must give a big thumb up for v7, the new GUI and how easy it is to work with Umbraco in MVC! Thanks! It became my preferred CMS instantly.

I have a problem when uploading images, I have an image that is 1800 x 1767 px. When I upload it, it gets resized to 1080 px height, and propotional width. Is this a default behavior that I can turn off?

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

• Dean 13 posts 56 karma points
    Mar 18, 2014 @ 14:57
    Dean

Hey, did you work out how to disable this? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks!

• Vidar A. Westrum 23 posts 129 karma points
    Mar 18, 2014 @ 15:09
    Vidar A. Westrum

Hey,

I tried to change the upload service in /umbraco/lib/jquery/jquery.upload/js/main.js

$('#fileupload').fileupload({
            // Uncomment the following to send cross-domain cookies:
            //xhrFields: {withCredentials: true},
            url:'server/php/',
            imageMaxHeight: 2500
        });

I haven't got to really test if it really worked :)

But either way, I found a work around, it only happens when you use the "drag & drop" upload, so if you browse to the file that resized in Umbrao Media section, and then upload the original file by using the uplaod fil button, and save the node, it keeps it's size.

Hope this helped :)

• Matt 76 posts 280 karma points
    Jul 12, 2014 @ 00:01
    Matt

this issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4729

has a workaround for 7.1.3 on how to disable the resizing and adding of the style element.

• Frank Schjelderup 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 20, 2014 @ 10:23
    Frank Schjelderup

It would be nice to be able to configure these limits, and have both upload-methods have the same behaviour. Is this something you have planned to do in future versions?

In my opinion there should not be a difference in what happens when you drag-and-drop and when you upload one image at a time by the "upload file" button.

This behaviour is in my opinion likely to confuse users, and confused users often curse the system that confuses them... ;)

I guess I'd like them to love Umbraco, not do the other thing... :)

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 04, 2016 @ 14:35

Just ran into this and it does seem arbitrary to max the height at 1080. We have a tall skinny image that needs to exceed 1080px. I can confirm the 'browse' method works as opposed to the drag n drop.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft