Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 12:33
    David Tregoning

admin menu has gone missing

I have been playing around with Umbraco 7 for a few weeks now it has all been fine. I recently loaded uBlogsy (v4) and create a blog item which again was fine. I went to create a second blog item and realised I had not create an author so I just saved rather than save and publish and now I no longer have the admin menu (content, media, settings, development, etc). When I try to create anything new across the whole of the site in the content section the following alert appears:

There are no allowed document types available. You must enable these in the settings section under 'document types'.

I can't get to settings to check the documents types (that I have not changed) and it I try to delete anything the progress bar just constantly ticks over.

Finally when I click on any item in the content section, nothing appears in the main right hand side of the screen.

Any ideas what I have done and how to fix it?

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 17:36
    David Tregoning

Admin menu must have been a caching issue as this returned after about an hour. The issue lied with uBlogsy and how it created nodes with no content for posts and did not assign them to date folders. By manually entering information into the text field of the umbracoNode table of the database these node/pages could be deleted and then uBlogsy could be uninstalled. Will have to try a fresh install (of Ublogsy for Umbraco 7) and see if that works

• Joshua 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 17:56
    Joshua

Actually, this is a cookie issue.  Remove your cookies and it will re-appear after logging in.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft