Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 19:17
    Scott Blomfield

MNTP (Multi-Node Tree Picker) in Umbraco 7.0.2

Is anyone else having trouble with MNTP in Umbraco 7.0.1/7.0.2? Since I upgraded I had errors viewing content that used the controls. Changin the property data type to Textstring solved the problem, but obviously doesn't present a usable UI.

Trying to edit one of the existing data types that uses MNTP yields an error.

Creating a new data type works, but I am unable to change the Type to "Media" ... it simply changes back to "Content" after I hit save.

Can anyone else verify the same in their setup? Or have the opposite experience?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 22:13
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I've updated the release notes with some more specific instructions, see if this helps for you (as I can't reproduce your issue):

Google Chrome has notoriously aggressive caching, so if something doesn't seem to work well in the backoffice, make sure to clear cache and cookies thoroughly (for other browsers as well).

One way to nudge the cache in Chrome is to open the developer tools (F12) and go to the settings (the cog icon). There will be a checkbox that says "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)". Once this checkbox is on you can refresh the page and the cache should be invalidated. To force it even more, the "reload" button next to your address bar now has extra options when you right-click it. It should have "Normal reload", "Hard reload" and "Empty cache and hard reload" now. The last option is the most thorough and you might want to try that.

The important other thing you'll need to do is go into config/ClientDependency.config and update the version number in there. So if it currently says version="2" then just make it one higher: version="3". This will ensure that any server-side cache of javascript and stylesheets gets cleared as well.

We're working on making this experience better and seamless, but for now make sure to follow these steps for v7 upgrades.

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 15:21
    Scott Blomfield

Yep, that did the trick - thanks Sebastiaan ... nice catch!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft