Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 108 posts 374 karma points
    Jan 20, 2014 @ 23:04
    Ben

Umbraco 7 Problem Saving Templates Using WebForms

I have just installed Umbraco 7.0.2 and am having a problem saving templates.  It will let me create templates, but then I can't make any modifcations to them through the Umbraco interface.  When I hit the bit green Save button the template "blinks", looks like it is saving, but never gives me a message that the file was saved. I have the defaultRenderingEngine set to WebForms, but if I change this to Mvc, then I can create MVC templates and save those.  However, I still could not save WebForms templates.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 20, 2014 @ 23:09
    Ben

I found I could open up the template with Notepad++ and make the changes there and then they would save.  But still not through the Umbraco Interface.

Jan 20, 2014 @ 23:12
    Ben

It might be a permissions thing.  I found that I could save the Razor scripting files, but not CSS files.  When I tried to save a CSS file, it gave me a warning about permissions.  I am going to look into the permissions and see if something is messed up there.

Jan 21, 2014 @ 16:14
    Ben

I don't think it is a permissions problem at this point.  The CSS files are saving, but they are giving this false error message when they save:

"Stylesheet not saved: Please make sure that you have permissions set correctly"

If I navigate away and then re-open the CSS file the changes I put in were saved.  Did I do something wrong with the setup?  I did do this as an upgrade from 6.1.6.  However, I also did a clean install of 7.0.2 on a different site and it behaves the same way.

Jan 21, 2014 @ 23:08
    Ben

Javascript files give a similar error message but still save the file:

"File not saved: file could not be saved. Please check file permissions"

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 22, 2014 @ 09:52
    Per Ploug

thats odd, will investigate and create an issue if there is a problem with this, however these editors are completely untoched from V6 so kindda odd if they suddenly stopped working

Jan 27, 2014 @ 20:11
    Ben

I just tried to update a template and forgot not to do it through Umbraco's editor.  If it helps, it's not giving me an error message or the green bar across the bottom saying that it has been save.  After I hit the save button, the screen flashes (post back I assume), but then there is no message one way or the other.

Anybody else experience this problem?  

Jan 28, 2014 @ 14:46
    Ben

Here's something else I have found with the editor.  I have created a custom macro in asp.net and if I don't give it a public property I can instert it into the template code (still can't save the template, but I can copy the code to the file in Notepad++).  However, if I add a public property to the asp.net macro I can no longer insert the macro code into the template.  I have added the property in the Developer -> Macro area by clicking on the "Browse properties" button.

Feb 04, 2014 @ 19:36
    Ben

Per, did you have a chance to look at this?

Feb 06, 2014 @ 15:19
    Ben

I see that 7.0.3 has been released.  I will try upgrading to that to see if that changes anything.

Feb 06, 2014 @ 16:09
    Ben

That fixed my problem!  :-D

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 02:10
    Eric Schrepel

Still happening in 7.1.4 (having upgraded from 6.1.6): I create a new template (or partial view, etc.) and add a couple even non-razor lines (straight html). Save it, works great.

Come back to it, make a change, Save it, says it saves fine. But moving to another node then returning to it: the changes are gone and it's back to how it looked at the first save operation (when it was created/edited/saved initially).

• Usman 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 15:36
    Usman

Hi,

i am unable to save doctument types,css,user permissions and macros bcz my save button is not working on these but on the other side i can save tempaltes and in developer section i can do some change in data type. i upgrade my umbraco to version 7.2.4 and uninstall nupicker. Any idea or advise?

Thanks regards Usb

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft