Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 19:20
    Scott Blomfield

New features still being added in v6 line?

Is new development still ongoing in v6 (i.e. new features) or is all new functionality going into v7? If there are new features in v6, are they being put into v7 concurrently, delayed, not necessarily at all?

I am just curious - I don't mind moving forward to v7, but it seems like there could be new features being added to v6 when v7 hasn't yet reached functional parity... if new features are being added to v6 before v7 ... when is the line in the sand drawn that we can say "OK, from here on out we are only playing catch-up with existing features..."?

This may not be public info, I guess... I just saw changing document types (wished for that one forever!) for a node already created is added to 6.2, but isn't a proposed feature for 7.1. I've already moved to v7, so it was a bit disheartening to see.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:08
    Per Ploug

v6.2 is the last feature release planned, after that its purely security patches and bug-fixes. 6.2 is mainly for updating the member APIs so they are consistent with the rest of the APIs.

As we are currently maintaining 2 branches, features get merged a bit back and forth as it makes sense, some start in the v7 branch and are backported, some started in v6 before v7 was release and merged upwards.

But after 7.1 is released and its relevant changes are backported and released under 6.2, then we'll keep our focus on the v7 branch

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft