Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Jan 22, 2014 @ 09:37
    George

Inserting images in RTE without Media Picker (using file path)?

Hello everyone,

Recently, I upgraded Umbraco for my company from version 4.9 to 7.0.1.
    There was an insert image button in the RTE in 4.9 where one could just paste a relative path on the server like "/images/170x170/12345.jpg". 
    However, since we upgraded to umbraco 7, this button is gone and the only option available for inserting images is through the media picker. This is not optimal for us, because we have a big folder + subfolders structure as our main image folder that contains more than 100.000 images.

I realize we could just edit the HTML and change the src="path" attributes of the tag, but then we would also have to change width and height...

tl;dr: Is there any way to insert images using relative server file path (and without declaring them in media section) in umbraco 7+?

• George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 13:38
    George

I still haven't found a way to insert images by path without using media picker.
    Anyone knows why that functionality was removed when I updated umbraco to version 7.0.1?

Moreover, if the functionality is removed, maybe there is a plugin for umbraco that will add a button with the same funcionality (looked for one but couldn't find any)?
    Alternatively, I could write the plugin myself but that could take a while since I never wrote any umbraco plugins so far. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft