Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:12
    Anders Brohäll

Number of items shown in list view?

Is it possible to show n number of items shown per page in a List view?

As per default it's showing ten. When using it in a three with loads of nodes there will be way to many items in the pager. 

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 18:18
    Chris Evans

I'd love to be able to configure how many items show in the list view for a given parent doctype.  Would make the feature much more usable.

What is the best place to post feature requests like this?

• Dan Høegh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 09:10
    Dan Høegh

A very important part of the list view is our ability to set amount per page. I don't see how anyone can hardcode 10 per page and sleep at night? (Joke)

Anyone know of a configfile or anything like that where amount per page can be changed?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 09:31
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dan,

I think that I have seen this question before and I was right. I found the other post where Tom Fulton is pointing where the 10 items per page is hardcoded.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50087-Media-Section-Page-Size

As I understand so should be able to change by change the hardcoded value of 10 to another digit, in the the file if you reallllly want to (/umbraco/js/umbraco.controllers.js), but not recommended, to make changes into the core code of Umbraco as Tom Fulton also said.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/02a4c2f4fc908e08d2cf7d1a0590c7cb719eef40/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/propertyeditors/listview/listview.controller.js#L33

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Dan Høegh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 10:59
    Dan Høegh

Hi Dennis

Thank you for the snappy answer ;-)
    I have no intention of changing anything hardcoded. It would be nice to have the option though. Hope this makes it into a future release.

Cheers

/Dan

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Mar 11, 2016 @ 07:26
    David Armitage

Hi,

I tried the above and I can confirm it works fine.

As Dennis said you can...

1. Open the file Umbraco\Js\umbraco.controllers.js

2. Search for pageSize: 10,

3. Update the pageSize value to whatever you want

Eg.
    $scope.options = { pageSize: 100, pageNumber: 1, filter: '', orderBy: 'UpdateDate', orderDirection: "desc" };

Once I did this I cleared the cache and logged back in to be sure and it all worked fine.

I've been using this for a number of weeks and seen no problems as yet.

My Umbraco version is Umbraco version 7.1.8 assembly: 1.0.5394.16131

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft