Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pedro Graca 7 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 22, 2014 @ 12:51
    Pedro Graca

Load balancing issues with Umbraco 7

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone can help me with this one but I'm having an issue with umbraco 7 and a solution with load balancer.

Currently my A record is pointing to the load balancer and as soon as I login I get the following error.

Happy wonderful wednesday

Session timed out. log in below

I know that before in order to synchronise all files and folders you would have to set up the distributedCall but this is not even a content issue is to do with the session.

P.S. love the message.

Regards,
    Pedro

• Pedro Graca 7 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 10:11
    Pedro Graca

Well if anyone has the same problem as I did here's my solution.

After trying changing the sessionState and scrutinising every IIS configuration I got nowhere.

The solution was to add a machine key to <system.web> in the web.config and that seemed to fix it.

• Steve Temple 63 posts 324 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 12, 2014 @ 14:52
    Steve Temple

I'm guessing your load balancer wasn't session aware, so when you were making requests the server changed and the session could no longer be decrypted between servers. Changing the machine key makes the 2 servers encrypt it using the same key so the session is remembered.

The recommended way of deploying load balanced servers is to use one server for the backend rather than going through the load balancer. Is your media on a NAS/SAN or CDN?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft