Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Snehal Thube 21 posts 63 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 08:11
    Snehal Thube

Not able to install any package in umbraco 7.0.2

Hi,

I have follow some steps to configure umbraco for our website using below reference
    http://www.systenics.com/blog/setting-up-umbraco-6-in-visual-studio-2012-for-mvc-development/

1. Downloaded umbraco package 7.0.2

2. Created new MVC 4 Web Application using visual studio

3. Copied all the files from umbraco zip to this new project

4. Excluded "Bin" folder from this and added nuget package umbraco to this project to have all the references of umbraco

5. All configured successfully and I can see umbraco dashboard, create pages all is working fine.

6. But when I try to install any package like say for e.g. 301 URL Tracker, I am getting following error.

Could not upload file
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.HideAllPanes() at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.UpdateSettings() at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Thanks,
    Snehal

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 17:50
    Martin Griffiths

I've just upgraded and getting exactly the same issue, this time updating Imagegen to 2.9.1

Agggghhhh!

Martin

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 17:44
    Martin Griffiths

After getting a pointer from Sebastiaan this one turned out to be a failed xcopy of the Umbraco folder! It missed a few important files which had changed between. 7.0.1 and 7.0.2

In future I think i'll just use the plain ol windows GUI! lol.

M.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft