Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 28, 2014 @ 17:17
    Keith Bamberger

Umbraco 7 install on web hotel error with System.Net.Http

Hi, ive tried a couple of web hotels now, and recieve the same error every time, and now im curious to know what the problem is.

copying my umbraco 7 web from my local machine (64bit, windows 7, latest .net version) which works just fine, to a web hotel and then trying to run it only results in the error below.

Is it because its not the latest .net version there or am i missing something? Has anyone else seen this problem? I would really like to get my site up and going but cant get past this here. Have seen a bunch of stuff at google, but when the server is remote, and i am unable to change anything on the remote server it becomes difficult to solve.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/Keith

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 09:00
    Per Ploug

My guess would be that they dont have .net 4.5 installed as System.New.Http is one of the core .net assemblies

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:50
    Keith Bamberger

Hi Per, 

I also have thought this must be the problem, but couldnt tell, and you know how fast some hosting companies are with responses. I have also seen some forum posts elsewhere about the Strong Name Signature, and possible ways around it. Will investigate further. Thanks for your reply.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft