Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom R 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 21:49
    Tom R

Backoffice login page erroring out

When I attempt to login to umbraco on our staging version of the site I am greeted with a little red box that says:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Server call failed for checking authentication

And then in the trace log I have the following error:

2014-01-29 15:18:28,955 [128] ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 122] Error creating type Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType+CompatConverter
    System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.CreateInstances[T](IEnumerable`1 types, Boolean throwException)

I'm running version 7.0.1 assembly: 1.0.5095.27251

I'm developing locally on my machine and the site will run perfectly fine for me. Launching it from visual studio using iis express. The backoffice was working yesterday, and I haven't made any changes to anything other than css files today. I have been deploying to staging using visual studio's built in publish functionality.

I have tried manually deploying the files as well, still cannot get the backoffice login to load. The front end is all still working perfectly.

I'm not having any luck searching the forums and searching on google in general, if anyone has any ideas or knows of a solution it would be most appreciated.

• Adrian 38 posts 117 karma points
    Mar 26, 2014 @ 17:54
    Adrian

HI - Are you serving the site via SSL/HTTPS? I'm having the same issue

It looks like the auth cookie is set to http only...and is not getting sent when you use HTTPS

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:07
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Maybe you can find the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

If it's not there you could create an issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues#newissue=yes

Jeroen

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Sep 09, 2016 @ 23:09
    Stephen Davidson

I'm getting this error also on a live site...did anyone get this resolved?

Stephen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft