Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeppe Andreasen 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 22:32
    Jeppe Andreasen

Open the content editor in a popup inside the backend

Hi, I am trying show a popup dialog containing the content editor ( that is, only the right side containing the editor fields, not the content tree ), so I can edit an items fields from the popup. Preferably this should be done in an iframe inside the popup.

It's no problem launching the entire window by requesting   /umbraco/#/content/content/edit/<nodeid> , but I only want to display the right side portion. I would also like to be able to save / cancel with dialogbuttons inside the popup window.

This task was relatively easy in earlier versions of umbraco, but I haven't quite mastered the angular framework yet.

Browsing through the source I feel like it must have something to do with the following view : Umbraco.Web.UI.Client\src\views\content\edit.html , but I have no idea how to request it from an iframe.

Several of my old custom editor controls use this feature, so if anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 10:18
    Per Ploug

Well, the way umbraco 7 built is as a single page application, so its not really meant to be crammed inside a pop-up window, its a different way of doing things, which has upsides and downsides - one of them is that you cant really take individual pages into a pop-up window and you dont have iframes - but some would consider that an upside tho :)

If you want to have this functionality, I would recommend you build a real angular dialog with your editing view in instead of trying to hack around with iframes and pop-ups, you can do it, but it would require you to add your own html page to load the view without the navigation and you would have quite alot of dublicate code

Will give it some thoughts to see if we can make it easier

• Jeppe Andreasen 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 12:58
    Jeppe Andreasen

Hi Per, thanks for getting back on this.

The popup editor functionality is quite important for our grid editor, as well as a couple of other editors in GoBasic. The intent is to allow other nodes than the current to be edited with out going away from the current node. We will of course do our best not to clutter up the screen, which is also why we won't be showing the content tree and toolbox.

What I meant by using iframes was to generate the popup using some kind of lightbox solution, and in the content of the popup I would put an iframe. That way I minimize the impact on other parts of the system, as loaded javascripts / styles are loaded in the iframe and not in the main window. If a dialog solution already exists, (you mentioned the real angular dialog) then that will be the obvious choice.

So what I really am looking for is a short cut to using some existing views or something along those lines.

• Manasa 80 posts 201 karma points
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 07:22
    Manasa

I would like to display the content along with the nodes below in a popup window.

Something similar to creating a link to a text in back-office. We get the option of selecting from either content or media. In my case i want to create a content tree list. 

How can I get the same popup modal with the nodes below? Please do help

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft