Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 13:03
    Ismail Mayat

WebForms UnobtrusiveValidationMode requires a ScriptResourceMapping

Just upgraded to v7.0.3 it may be that issue also exists in older vesrions. However I went to edit user and got ysod with error:

WebForms UnobtrusiveValidationMode requires a ScriptResourceMapping for 'jquery'. Please add a ScriptResourceMapping named jquery(case-sensitive).

Anyone else seen this?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 13:05
    Ismail Mayat

Ok just did a google and found this on stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16660900/webforms-unobtrusivevalidationmode-requires-a-scriptresourcemapping-for-jquery and adding extra value to web.config fixes the issue namely in appsettings:

<add key="ValidationSettings:UnobtrusiveValidationMode" value="None" />

Ismail

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 09, 2016 @ 17:49
    Nicholas Westby

This worked for me for an upgrade from Umbraco 6.1.6 to Umbraco 7.4.3. Thanks!

• jacob phillips 130 posts 372 karma points
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 14:37
    jacob phillips

u 7.1.6

For anyone else having this issue, I tried both fixes of editing web config and editing app start in global.asax but neither worked.

Finallly I tried moving the web config key/value further up (actually to the top) in my app settings list, and then I stopped getting the error.

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 20:08
    Owain Williams

Hi, I hit this problem today on a site that was working fine. It's fine on my staging enviroment but broken on localhost - anyone got any other suggestions. It's also the same issue where I only see the YSOD on trying to edit a user

Cheers,

O.

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 28, 2018 @ 06:20
    Owain Williams

Cancel that - Got it working, I had a slightly different entry in my config file! phew!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft