Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Per Olsson 47 posts 307 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 15:41
    Per Olsson

Insert image from richtext editor, set alt text?

Hi, 

In Umbraco 6.X when you inserted an image from the Richtext editor you had a nice window where you could change size and add "alt" text to the image. http://i.stack.imgur.com/c6FTQ.png

An I missing something or is this feature removed in 7.X? It is a very critical feature since images should always have an alt text. According to the W3C standard the alt text is a required field to an image to be valid. 

The current workaround, to add a new property to the Image type, is not a solution since same image can be used with different alt texts. Adding alt text in HTML-mode is not an option either.

• forestedge 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 02, 2014 @ 16:50
    forestedge

I have found the same having just upgraded from 4.7 all the way up to 7. This was beacuse the inmage property editing in 4.7 is unreliable and we have another Umbraco instance with v6.1 which was more stable. So naturally I thought - upgrade to 7- that's bound to be better still right? - WRONG!

I note that the TinyMce editor has all of the properties intact in its built in media picker but not in the Umbraco implementation. 

Any insight from anyone on the community would be much appreciated.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 23:48
    Mark Bowser

I am able to customize the alt text and title on the tag by changing the "Name" field. This was confusing to me as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft