Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 16:01
    Daniel

Internal error, property 'image' is not a valid property for that type of content.

I'm running two instances of Umbraco on the same database - dev/local and stage. Whenever I add images in the media section in one instance I get this error when loading that content in the other instance

Internal error, property 'image' is not a valid property for that type of content.

I have made sure that the physical image is copied over.

The problem still arises even after deleting everything in the App_Data\TEMP folder and deleting the umbraco.config file in the same folder.

It does start working when I re-save the media folder on the second instance. So it seems like a caching issue. Is there anything more than the above that can be done to empty umbracos aggressive cache?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 16:03
    Daniel

The code that triggers the error looks like this:

var imgFolderId = Convert.ToInt32(Model.Content.GetPropertyValue("imageFolder"));
    var imgFolder = Umbraco.TypedMedia(imgFolderId);
  • Nicky Christensen 76 posts 166 karma points
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 13:45
    Nicky Christensen

Im having the same problem, did you find a solution ? 

• Shannon Deminick 1525 posts 5271 karma points MVP 2x
    Mar 13, 2014 @ 00:52
    Shannon Deminick

I'll see if i can replicate this, stay tuned.

Also, if you do this: "deleting everything in the App_Data\TEMP folder and deleting the umbraco.config" you will also need to bump your web.config so your app recycles otherwise that isn't going to do anything.

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 13:54
    Yakov Lebski

I have the same problem. It's cause because media Folder has invalid property named "image". Quick workaround is save problematic folder in umbraco back office.

Additional interesting point is start works when during rebuilding of InternalIndexer.

• JJ 41 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 10:41
    JJ

Hi

Has anyone found a proper fix to this yet? It's happening to me on production sites, when the app pool recycles during quiet times.

Cheers

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 10:47
    Yakov Lebski

In my environment this issues stopped to reproduce after upgrade to 7.1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft