Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ugurcanb 16 posts 76 karma points
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 01:44
    Ugurcanb

I can't login to backoffice! Umbraco 7.0.3

I installed umbraco on localhost. Setup fhinished without errors. Site works correct with starterkit. But when i want to login back office, login page don't work. Page don't give any response.  What can i do? Please help me.

When i looked developer tools in chrome this error showed up:

1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/javascript: "http://localhost:39816/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js". yepnope.min.js:2
  • Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 07:35
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Do you have .net 4.5 installed on your local machine? How did you install Umbraco, just unzipping it or using nuget maybe?

Feb 10, 2014 @ 11:45
    Ugurcanb

Yes. I'm working on windows 8.1 and also i installed asp.net 4.5 with Web PI. I just unzipped.

Feb 10, 2014 @ 13:09
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Alright, great! Could you try to run fiddler while you're trying to log in and see what the actual error is you're getting back from the server? You might be able to expand the 500 error in chrome as well.

I'm only interested in the calls to PostLogin that give a 500 error, there's something strange going on there. :)

Feb 10, 2014 @ 20:56
    Ugurcanb

I get this error on fiddler

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"The user 'admin' could not be found in the Umbraco database","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException","StackTrace":"   konum: Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.GetBackOfficeUser(String username)\r\n   konum: Umbraco.Web.Editors.AuthenticationController.PostLogin(LoginModel loginModel)\r\n   konum: lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   konum: System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   konum: System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   konum: System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()\r\n   konum: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

But I get invalid user name or password error when i try a false username on login page.

Feb 10, 2014 @ 21:41
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Okay, well I think the error says enough, The user 'admin' could not be found in the Umbraco database. Any idea why that might be?

Feb 10, 2014 @ 21:48
    Ugurcanb

The installation went without error, sqlce database started and admin user created. well i dont know why the site do this. The txt starter kit running correct also.

Feb 10, 2014 @ 22:31
    Ugurcanb

I've just retried to clean install and realize that umbraco gives The ValueType does not match a known value typeerror. just once. i refreshed the page and login page showed up.

Feb 11, 2014 @ 08:20
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Aha! You must be in Turkey.. unfortunately we have a bug in the Turkish culture that we're fixing soon:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4195

Feb 11, 2014 @ 12:55
    Ugurcanb

Yess. I knew it. Thank you so much. :)

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 20:29
    Eric Schrepel

I'm getting the same error on 7.1.7 (in US), it's very intermittent (logins work fine one day, then just stop). Chrome Dev console shows the error as "POST https://www.nwcouncil.org/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 500 (Internal Server Error) DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2pxdWVyeS9qcXVlcnktMi4wLjMubWluLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvL2xpYi9hbmd…:16"

We use Windows ActiveDirectory to login to the UI.

I've run captures using Fiddler but not getting any information back aside from my username and password from the HTTPS session, though I'm new to using Fiddler so might not know how to capture more detail.

(Note: when we restart IIS, the error goes away and logins resume as usual.)

• Arlan 58 posts 184 karma points
    Jul 30, 2015 @ 01:18
    Arlan

user Eric solution, Restarting the IIS Application Pool has helped me to login into (using GoDaddy shared hosting)

• Leonardo Moura 21 posts 90 karma points
    Nov 28, 2017 @ 15:32
    Leonardo Moura

Hi guys. I had the same problem with the Umbraco version 7.7.4 assembly: 1.0.6505.22489. I have tried different ways to solve the problem.

I got a solution when I synchronized my local database with my online database.

The problem was on the table umbracoServer and umbracoUser. I only updated those, and my backoffice started working again.

The other thing is: If you have more than 3 access attempts the Umbraco will block you out.

To fix this you can go to the database, open umbracoUser table and update userNoConsole to 0 for the username that you are trying log in.

I hope helped you guys. Actually I am new in the Umbraco and I will need a lot help. Are we together? :)

• Pramod Bhagat 9 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 26, 2018 @ 05:16
    Pramod Bhagat

Hi,

Even I'm facing the same issue while upgrading from v6.1.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5021.24867) to v7.12.3.

POST http://mywebsite.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 500 (Internal Server Error)

I've checked umbracoServer table and that's empty. Is this correct?

I can see the user that I'm trying to login in umbracoUser table and userDisabled and userNoConsole column is set to 0

Appreciate your response.

Thanks, Pramod

• Punit Sharma 27 posts 96 karma points
    Aug 28, 2023 @ 08:47
    Punit Sharma

I am also getting same error 500

when i check on console this (umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin) return 500 error.

Received an error from the server Login failed for user sriaz Could not resolve an instance of Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager from the Microsoft.Owin.IOwinContext

EXCEPTION DETAILS: System.NullReferenceException: Could not resolve an instance of Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager from the Microsoft.Owin.IOwinContext

Any idea how i will resolve this error

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft