Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank Schjelderup 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 00:43
    Frank Schjelderup

Delete multiple files from media

Hi,

Is there a way in Umbraco 7 to delete multiple media-files in one action (select multiple files, use delete action) instead of having to run through 4 clicks on each image to delete them? And the "OK" button should also respond to "Return"-key I think

Also moving several files at once would be very useful.

And drag-and-drop sorting is a sore miss for me (would whish for this on all lists in backend)

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12863 karma points MVP
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:44
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Frank,

I'm working on a bulk manager tool that will support this and more. Might be good to keep an eye on this thread http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/content-maintenance-dashboard-package/feature-requests/37786-Fantastic-Product-for-Content-Tree-Thoughts-About-Media-Library to see when it's done.

Best,

Richard

• Adrian 38 posts 117 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 17:02
    Adrian

You can do bulk delete by enabling List View in the Folder Media Type then when you go to Media->Your Folder you can pick several items and delete them all in one go.

Then revert the List View setting if needed.

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12863 karma points MVP
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 17:08
    Richard Soeteman

Oh sorry forgot to update this thread. Bulkmanager is released and used by several websites. You can find more info on http://soetemansoftware.nl/bulkmanager

Best,

Richard

• Alex Lindgren 159 posts 356 karma points
    Oct 02, 2015 @ 17:38
    Alex Lindgren

I needed to clear our all the media for a site I was repurposing, so I just wrote some code in a template (temporarily):

var ms = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.MediaService; var rootMedia = ms.GetRootMedia(); foreach (var media in rootMedia) { ms.Delete(media); }

I then deleted the files and folders in the media folder.

• anastasia 2 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 11:04
    anastasia

A good idea is to download this software known as Duplicate Files Deleter. it is fast and easy to use

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft