Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niclas Schumacher 67 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 08:58
    Niclas Schumacher

rootpage on custom section (Application)

Hello guys. 
    i'm creating a custom section becuase we got some non-umbraco content we want the user to create inside umbraco. The section Application works fine, and ive done the job with the tree controller and so forward. 
    My problem is that i have a tree structure like this. 

Skills
    -skill1
    -skill2
    -skill3

I want my edit.html to show on the child nodes, which should be creatable and editable, and is. But When i click in the root node "Skills", it show the edit form, which it shouldn't, i'd like to have it working like: for instance if i click on the Developer section -> Data Types , it still has the same url as the section, so Data Types dosn't seem like a node which can be edited. 

Atm. When i click on "Skills" i get the url: #/SkillSection/SkillSectionTree/edit/Skills - but Skills isn't editable, it isn't a item, it should just be a treenode container like Data Types are acting. 

if (id == "-1") {

var item = this.CreateTreeNode("Skills", id, queryStrings, "Skills", "icon-truck", true);
    }

This is how i create the root node, ive tried to use CreateRootNode, but the only parameter it accepts is a FormDataCollection (queryString). 

So the bottomline is, i want to be able to create a rootnode with no edit url attached to it, like umbraco Data Types folder does it, but how can i achieve this ?

Hope you guys can help. 

- Niclas Schumacher

• Niclas Schumacher 67 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 09:19
    Niclas Schumacher

After some more trial i ended up by putting "skillSection" as a routePath, so i navigated right, though, im not quite happy with it.. but it works :) - If anyone has the 'right' way to do it, please let me know :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft