Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deeds 12 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 17:09
    Deeds

Upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4 issues

Need to upgrade to 7.0.4 seeing as back end users can't have their passwords altered. I've got problems in that if I follow the upgrade guidelines and upgrade - forst time around it appears to upgrade to 7.0.4.

If I re-run my site it then wants to upgrade again but knock it back down to 7.0.3.

If I upgrade to 7.0.4 then delete the "install" folder, next time I run it'll show error 4040 as the install folder is missing.

In other words oce upgraed, next run it wants to downgrade.

I'm developing in VS2013, ideall I need a 7.0.4 version to deploy to out UAT server.

Odd thing - if I upgrade direct to the UAT server it works and won't attempt to downgrade if  re-run (close and re-open the browser).

If howerver I backload from UAT to my local VS2013 set-up it wants to downgrade.

Any clues - I could install a blank 7.0.4 but I've made substantial changes to views, content, datatypes etc which isn't ideal to basically start from scratch.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 18:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sounds like you're using NuGet?

• Deeds 12 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 21, 2014 @ 14:54
    Deeds

Original set-up of project used NuGet - e.g. create blank web application install Umbraco via Nuget etc.

Once we built out site e.g. custom css, views, code etc and spotted this admin issue we attempted to upgrade to 7.0.4 from the ZIP files only not via Nuget - trying to copy all folders, just the bin, umbraco, umbraco_client folders etc to no avail (locally) even thoguh it appeared to upgrade on out UAT server.

In the end we created a new blank web application. Installed Umbraco 7.0.4 from Nuget then copied across all our custom files, css, views, code etc from our 7.0.3 version. We amended the web.config to point at our existing and in effect 7.0.3 database.

This worked - thankfully as the upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4 musnt have any db changes.

We got there in the end I suppose. big test will surely come if and when we decide to attempt an upgrade to 7.1 when it's released.

Deeds :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft