Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deeds 12 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 15:07
    Deeds

Adding admin users via the dashboard

Can anyone tell me if this is correct.

When installing Umbraco for the first time you get asked for an admin user account to log into the dashboard.

If I log into the dashboard and create another admin account with access to everything  - content, users, settings, etc, then log in as this "duplicate" user, I cannot see the other admin user set-up during installation.

If I create an admin user with just access to content, users, translations and log in as that user, I can only add additional users with the same access e.g. content, users, translations, I cannot add settings or developer for example even thoguh the account is set as administrator.

I'm sure pre V7 this wasn't the case and an admin account could see all other admin accounts from the users section and have access to tick or untick all available sections.

Or am I wrong here?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 15:53
    David Brendel

The admin user created during installation is somewhat a super-admin. So it's normal that you can't see him when logged into umbraco with a different user. So you can't change permissions for this user.

The second thing I haven't recognized until now, but also never really had the case to check this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft