Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Gaietto 13 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 17:55
    Neil Gaietto

Database changes are not syncing between Local and Dev

My local environment and dev server share the same umbraco database but are not syncing database changes.

Whenever I locally change content, properties, document types, etc, the changes are not getting updated on my dev server like I am expecting.

This is the first time I have used 7. In 4.x I would work locally then just refresh dev and I would see my changes to the database. I am not sure what has changed.

• Andrew Tregonning 19 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 02:00
    Andrew Tregonning

I have found that I need to delete the contents of the ~/App_Data/TEMP folder in situations similar to this before my changes show up in the second site - looks like Umbraco does some caching in there.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 09:40
    David Brendel

Are the cahnges not reflected in frontend or in the umbraco backend?

Umbraco caches your website to make it faster. In the App_Data Folder there is a umbraco.config file which holds the cache.

If you don't copy that to your dev site your frontend is not updated.

• Neil Gaietto 13 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 20:23
    Neil Gaietto

Backend. Im not refering to the actual published content but the admin data. From testing I found that restarting the app pool on the other server fixes the issue.

The server side caching is not picking up any changes made to the database. It causes some wierd issues if you publish from a dev site without restarting to get the changes from my local env.

Even manually refreshing nodes in the admin panel is not getting the latest changes from the database.

Is there any way to disable this server side caching? I often work on sites were I am making changes to an umbraco database that is being shared between computers.

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    May 08, 2014 @ 17:09
    Damian Green

Hi Neil,

I am having the exact same issue and also found that the changes were in the umbraco.config file and an app recycle cleared the backend cache.

Did you get any further or find a workaround (other than dropping the app recycle time right down like i've done at the moment)

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/52670-Backend-node-editing-caching?p=0#comment183169

Cheers Damian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft