Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sllix 6 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 14:31
    Sllix

Edit and publish content from external application.

Hi,

I know it sounds crazy, because Umbraco is a nice CMS for solving my problem.. but I have an Umbraco V7 website and I don't want too many users knowing the Umbraco environment. (I don't want too many accounts..)

So, I'm trying to make an external MVC4 website that only can access the Umbraco database. (using NHibernate) In this application, users are allowed to only change the content of one DocumentType.

Is there a way to make this custom change in the database visible on the Umbraco website + the Umbraco interface? I think it's because of the caching, the changes are never visible.

Thanks in advance!

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 15:56
    David Brendel

Why don't you use the Umbraco api for this task?

Changes to the documents musst always be published. If not you can't see changes in your frontend because of caching.

Also Umbraco has a rollback feature for content nodes. Don't know if you influence this feature when doing stuff directly in the database with NHibernate.

In Umbraco there is a difference between saving and publishing. When publishing the changes get written to the cache file that is stored in App_Data.

I would recommend to use the Umbraco api for this task.

• Sllix 6 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 27, 2014 @ 11:16
    Sllix

Ok, I'll try the API. Thanks for your reply.

• Zaheer 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 05, 2019 @ 05:02
    Zaheer

I want to Update my existing website page which can be update anytime. Is this possible to handle that page with Umbraco 8 or any other older version of Umbraco? If this is not possible with Umbraco then kindly suggest a CMS which will fulfill this requirement.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft