Hi I upgraded from Umbraco 6 to Umbraco 7 and have the following result

• The frontend site works just fine
    • The admin gui loads but no treeviews are visible

enter image description here

The only error I can find in the network log is the following

enter image description here

)]}',
    {"tree.String":"A value is required but was not present in the request."}

Which is thrown from the address /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=users&tree=&isDialog=false

Any advice where to start?

Thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 03, 2014 @ 08:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

How did you upgrade? Did you follow the instructions on the download page? Most importantly:

Google Chrome has notoriously aggressive caching, so if something doesn't seem to work well in the backoffice, make sure to clear cache and cookies thoroughly (for other browsers as well).

One way to nudge the cache in Chrome is to open the developer tools (F12) and go to the settings (the cog icon). There will be a checkbox that says "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)". Once this checkbox is on you can refresh the page and the cache should be invalidated. To force it even more, the "reload" button next to your address bar now has extra options when you right-click it. It should have "Normal reload", "Hard reload" and "Empty cache and hard reload" now. The last option is the most thorough and you might want to try that.

We're working on making this experience better and seamless, but for now make sure to follow these steps for v7 upgrades.

• Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Mar 03, 2014 @ 14:50
    Eric Herlitz

I did follow the instructions to the point

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft