Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nojaf 91 posts 300 karma points
    Mar 04, 2014 @ 00:51
    nojaf

Umbraco 7 just broke down

So I started my umbraco website (happens both locally as on production).

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +122
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0() +41
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +246
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +159
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(IRuntimeCacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +219
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem) +339
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains(Boolean includeWildcards) +245
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.DomainHelper.GetAllDomains(Boolean includeWildcards) +40
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindDomain() +365
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +59
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.Prepare() +36
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +746
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

I can't login to the backoffice anymore.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) http://localhost:49785/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://localhost:49785/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) 

And my production homepage says:

The service is unavailable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Running 7.04 (on Azure websites).

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

For your first issue I would look into the last reply here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/19071-Moved-Installation-to-new-server-umbracoconfig-issue

The second issue (The service is unavailable.) you get this message because there's no content. You should be getting the "There's still work to do" page, but we're sending a wrong header with it (503 I think) which is Azure Website interprets as "Ouch! Send default error". We're looking to fix that in an upcoming Umbraco version.

Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:20
    Sebastiaan Janssen

And also, make sure the connection string is correct etc.

Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:45
    nojaf

I've checked and all the SQl dlls are deployed. I'm not using SQL CE, I'm using an Azure Database. And this doesn't add up because my site won't run locally either.

Any other files I could have forgotten?

Also I'm using git to publish to Azure. This could be relevant info.

Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

How does it not run locally? Same Sql Azure connection string as on Websites?

Make sure your IP is added to the Sql Azure database and that you can connect to it using Sql Management studio locally.

You can connect if you specify the db name in Options:

enter image description here

enter image description here

Mar 04, 2014 @ 17:55
    nojaf

I think I found the problem, I moved my connectionstring locally to web.debug.config but umbraco didn't seem to pick it up.

I moved it back to web.config and my site works again locally.

EDIT:

So I placed back my connectionstring from web.debug.config to web.config, push it to azure and but azure still takes the connectionstring I added to my website in the manage portal. Which is the wanted scenario!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft