Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inx51 54 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 08, 2014 @ 22:39
    Inx51

Anyway to create a single media picker in Umbraco 7?

Hi!

I need a way for my editors to select a single image from the media library.

I have noticed that there is this checkbox for the Media Picker-property-editor that you could leave unchecked if your creating a new data type,

however.. this checkbox doesnt seem to work (as in.. it doesnt matter if you check it or not.. the editor can still pick multiple medias, can anyone confirm that as well?)

So.. anyone that has figured out a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 19:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi lnx51

I just tested the media picker and the multiple media picker in version 7.1RC and they're working as expected. The ordinary media picker let's you choose 1 single image and the multiple media picker let's you select multiple images.

Don't know if it may have been an issue reported for earlier versions perhaps.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Arjan Woldring 124 posts 231 karma points
    Mar 23, 2014 @ 11:37
    Arjan Woldring

Yes. You are right that the 'new' media picker only supports multiple selections. Even if the select multiple selections checkbox is unchecked it is still possible to select multiple media files. But there is another mediapicker which is the legacy media picker. This one does support the single selection. It just feels not right to use a legacy property editor. But it is working for now.

Side effect in using the legacy media picker is that the log gives you this warning:

WARN  Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.LegacyPropertyEditorIdToAliasConverter - [Thread 16] A legacy GUID id was generated for property editor Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker. This occurs when the legacy APIs are used and done to attempt to maintain backwards compatibility. Consider upgrading all code to use the new Services APIs instead to avoid any potential issues.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft