Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Linsenbardt 24 posts 147 karma points
    Mar 19, 2014 @ 01:03
    Matt Linsenbardt

Membership RequiresQuestionAndAnswer Issue

Hi Everybody,

I'm attemping to implement a membership system using the ASPNET Membership API as suggested in the docs. Part of my requirements include a question and answer password recovery mechanism. Implementing the question and answer worked well.

That said, in order to change the ASPNET Membership Question and Answer, the web.config RequiresQuestionAndAnswer attribute must be set to true. However, when attempting to make changes to the member via the back office, I am presented with the following error.

Currently the member editor does not support providers that have RequiresQuestionAndAnswer specified

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: Currently the member editor does not support providers that have RequiresQuestionAndAnswer specified 

Stack Trace: 

at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MemberController.PostSave(MemberSave contentItem)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 17:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Not sure that I can help but could you perhaps share your code for trying to achieve this? Maybe that will make it a bit easier for people to pinpoint where you might need to change something or need to do something in another way.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft