Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Mackay 98 posts 149 karma points
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 18:04
    Jason Mackay

Umbraco 7 - Save content issue

Hi guys, I am having issues saving data in the backend of the CMS - I get "an error has occured" in the right hand panel and unable to save anything to the database. After investigation the DB user is correct as is the file permissions.

I am now getting this error in Chrome Developer Tools: 

{"Message":"The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."}

Anyone has this issue or know of any way of fixing this?

Thanks in advance.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 18:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

What version of 7 are you using? And is it the administrator account or an account type you have created yourself?

/Jan

Mar 20, 2014 @ 18:23
    Jason Mackay

Hi Jan

I believe its 7.0.3 - and its the admin account, although the login name has been changed, I doubt this would have had a problem though.

Mar 20, 2014 @ 20:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

Is the post related to this issue as well? http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/49283-Umbraco-7-Admin-Error?p=0

Think you may need to recheck your setup and make sure permissions for the root folder containing Umbraco and all folders below have the proper rights setup - Make sure network service and iusr has the sufficient privelleges on all folders and make sure you app pool is running aps.net 4 and use integrated and that it's using the network service user to run it.

Does this help?

/Jan

Mar 21, 2014 @ 12:32
    Jason Mackay

Hi Jan, yeah the post were related - but I got another error so thought I'd open another forum post, but was unable to delete the previous one.

Solution:

I tried everything you guys had said to do but was giving me nothing so I created a new database and copied the file up again - a new instance of Umbraco.

I think the problem was copying the database over, I went from a SQL Server 2012 instance to 2008 instance, without being able to copy the scripts over I copied the DB from 2012 instance to 2008 instance locally and then that 2008 instance to the live server 2008 instance. I think something somewhere here has broken.

The strange this is that is was allowing me to do changes, then all of a sudden stopped and gave me an error - seems a bit of a stange error.

Anyway thanks for the help guys.

J

Mar 21, 2014 @ 12:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

Aaah yes database differences can also big a big pain to figure out.

But glad to see that you we're able to find the solution after all :)

And thanks for sharing!

/Jan

• Justin Quach 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 23:31
    Justin Quach

Hey guys,

I am also having an issue where I can't save any content from the Admin UI on Umbraco 7.1.0.

Once I hit the Save button, this is the Error message I get in red at the bottom of the screen:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. undefined

The Umbraco Log spits this out:

[17] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 3] at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteScalar() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClassa.9() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Insert(String tableName, String primaryKeyName, Boolean autoIncrement, Object poco)

I encountered this issue after another issue, where one part of my Umbraco site is just returning a blank page, this is what the log says:

[7] WARN Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController - [Thread 18] No physical template file was found for template [TEMPLATE_NAME]

So I tried to edit the Content Node, but yeah I'm stuck now..

The Application Pool is using .NET 4, Integrated Mode, NETWORK_SERVICE user which has full rights/permissions on the umbraco folder. My umbraco user is not the admin, but has the user type: Administrator so I think that is sufficient? I also went in to the User Permissions section and checked off everything for my user name. Any ideas guys?

EDIT: It seems like the publish works though, this is what shows up in the log before the error listed above:

[7] INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 11] Content 'currency-exchange' with Id '1112' has been published.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft