Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 15:02
    Peter S

Simple year macro

I've just created my first and very simple macro; one that gets the current year (to bes used in footer copyrights f.ex.). All that it does is to print @DateTime.Now.Year and I insert it into my rich text editor. Everything works except that there are some forced p tags around it resulting in unwanted line breaks. How can I get around this? Is there a better way to get the year automatically?

Here's the markup that's being rendered:

<p>Copyright &copy;</p>
    <p> "Company Name"</p>

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 15:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

What does your code look like? You should probably use @Html.Raw(yourproperty); to disable the character encoding.

See the simple example from sebastiaan here - Please note the example is from 2011 but the @Html.Raw bit should be the same thing you would do today.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 15:15
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Peter,

Is there a specific reason why you want to insert the macro to your rich text editor?, if not. I would recommend you to add the macro to the templates where the copyright message should be seen, or if you have a master template add the macro in there instead so it shows on every page.

/Dennis

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 07:20
    Peter S

Excuse my late reply. What I want to do is have the footer text (that includes the copyright message) editable but I also want th current year to be updated automatically via a @DateTime.Now.Year. If I put the code into the rich text editor it of course just prints the code instead of giving me the year. What I tried doing was creating a macro that renders an MVC partial view containing the code instead and I then inserted the macro via the rich text editor where I wanted the date to be rendered.

It works as expected but it puts unwanted p tags around it resulting in the text looking like this:

"Copyright ©

Company Name"

instead of just:

"Copyright © 2014 Company Name"

So, is it possible to insert that very simple macro into the rich text editor without having the p tags added around it or is there another and perhaps more correct way to do this? I should mention that I'm new to Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft