Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 23:00
    Warren Buckley

NuGet 7.1RC, Azure Website & OWIN Startup YSOD

Hello guys & girls,
    I am in the process of trying to rebuild the uHangout.co.uk website after it died misserably, not sure what I done or changed. 

Anyway that is besides the point and I am after some help & advice from all you lovely people. I have downloaded an Umbraco 7.1RC from NuGet into a clean Visual Studio Solution and run it locally just fine with SQL CE. After commiting the files to a private BitBucket repo & hooked up an Azure Website to do deployments from the BitBucket repository, it has passed and deployed out after complaing about some files missing, due to it using WebDeploy under the hood at Azure. So I updated the .CSPROJ file ot include the files & folders it required to build out. However when it built out the homepage and any page served up by the site YSOD's with the following. 

http://uhangout.azurewebsites.net

Any thoughts or ideas on how to resolve this please, that would be ace.

Thanks,
    Warren :)

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Mar 28, 2014 @ 00:49
    Howard Dierking

I haven't looked at Umbraco for a little while - can you let me know whether it is using OWIN under the hood?

Also, what type of project were you pulling the Umbraco package into?

The error you're seeing speaks for itself pretty well. The OWIN server is trying to start and can't find a Startup class to bootstrap.

Mar 28, 2014 @ 09:41
    Warren Buckley

Hi Howard,
    Thanks for replying.

As far as I know it is not using OWIN or even signalR which may be using OWIN. The weird thing it works lovely locally when run direct from VS using IIS Express to test & develop with.

All I have done is commit the files to a BitBucket repo and pushed it upto an Azure Website. I installed the NuGet into Web Application project type and set it to use the empty template in VS2013.

Wondering if the NuGet packages that Umbraco relies on has some form of OWIN used in a dependancy package, but it's too hard to say.

As I am not using OWIN at all I can't really remedy the problem witht the suggestion in the YSOD by attributing a class for OWIN Startup, as I wouldn't know what that would be or not.

Thanks,
    Warren :)

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 28, 2014 @ 09:51
    Morten Christensen

Umbraco doesn't ship with anything owin related.

Maybe try doing what the YSOD suggests and "add the appSetting owin:AutomaticAppStartup with a value of "false" in your web.config." ?

If you copy in the xml from your packages.config maybe we can spot if there is anything owin related that could cause this.

- Morten

Mar 28, 2014 @ 10:15
    Warren Buckley

Hi Morten,
    I will try the web.config setting when I get into work, however still find it odd it works flawlessly locally and without any need for this OWIN configuration stuff to take place locally but it does when on an Azure Website.

The packages.config file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <packages>
      <package id="AutoMapper" version="3.0.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="ClientDependency" version="1.7.0.3" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="ClientDependency-Mvc" version="1.7.0.3" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="HtmlAgilityPack" version="1.4.6" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="ImageProcessor" version="1.8.6.1" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="ImageProcessor.Web" version="3.2.0.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Lucene.Net" version="2.9.4.1" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc" version="4.0.20710.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.FixedDisplayModes" version="1.0.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Razor" version="2.0.20710.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi" version="4.0.30506.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client" version="4.0.30506.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core" version="4.0.20710.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost" version="4.0.20710.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages" version="2.0.20710.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure" version="1.0.0.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="MiniProfiler" version="2.1.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="MySql.Data" version="6.6.5" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="Newtonsoft.Json" version="4.5.11" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="SharpZipLib" version="0.86.0" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="UmbracoCms" version="7.1.0-RC" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="UmbracoCms.Core" version="7.1.0-RC" targetFramework="net45" />
      <package id="xmlrpcnet" version="2.5.0" targetFramework="net45" />
    </packages>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft