Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 16:43
    Peter S

Two membership providers

I am merging an MVC site into a new Umbraco site (the 7.1 RC) and since I'm new to Umbraco I'd love a bit of guidance in the process. To start off, is it possible to use two membership providers? The current site has a set of users that are suppose to be used for the "front end", if you will. They will not have anything to do with the Umbraco framework.

Any issues in doing this?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2014 @ 18:07
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

This blog might help: http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/one-member-to-rule-them-all/

Jeroen

Apr 01, 2014 @ 07:40
    Peter S

I'm not sure if that article fully applies to what I'm going for since the users from the excisting site doesn't need access to Umbraco, only the a few users do. So a single-sign-on solution isn't really necessary in this case and using our current membership provider could be a bit tricky since it's not role based.

Is it at all possible to use two separate sign ins for the two "sections"? I've never tried that before.

Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:52
    Peter S

My custom membership provider uses WebMatrix.WebData.WebSecurity.Login() to login but when I try to install the WebMatrix.WebData via Nuget I get "Install-Package : No compatible project(s) found in the active solution." I've tried adding the references to it on my own but it doesn't seem to be working fully.The Login() function returns true but directly afterwards a Request.IsAuthenticated is false. Any idea on where to go from here? I can provide my code if it's any help but please let me know what you'd like to see.

Apr 01, 2014 @ 14:00
    Peter S

Never mind, it works. It crashed on a faulty redirect after the login.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft