Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vladimir Knobel 95 posts 171 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 11:24
    Vladimir Knobel

Log manager/viewer

Hi 

Since Concierge and Log Manager 4 Umbraco haven't been ported to v7 I'm missing a log manager/viewer for v7.
    Anyone knows of an alternative to both?

Best regards
    Vlax

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 11:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vlax

Don't know of any alternatives currently...but you can always have a look in the logfile in /app_data/logs. I know this is not as convinient as having the opportunity of seeing it using the back-office.

But perhaps it's just a matter of time before a member of the community makes a log viewer for v7 (If it's not been made already).

Cheers, Jan

• Vladimir Knobel 95 posts 171 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 12:55
    Vladimir Knobel

Hi Jan 

Thanks for your answer.
    But in the /app_data/logs I only see the trace log.
    The logs about the actions taken in Umbraco are like in previous versions being saved into the table "dbo.umbracoLog".
    It's funny because you are the second person that tells me that the logs are since v7 saved in app_data that seems to be a misconception.
    The actual change seem to be that there's a new trace log and that the trace information is not being saved in the umbracoLog anymore.

Best regards.
    Vlax 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 13:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vlax

Ah yes of course - my bad :) But as mentioned above currently there is no nice overview like the one you got with the log viewer package for earlier versions.

/Jan

• Richard Brisley 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 11:33
    Richard Brisley

I've been using DiploTraceLogViewer on a couple of installs and that works pretty well. Might be an alternative for you?

Best Regards

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft