Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Will Price 12 posts 94 karma points
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 05:16
    Will Price

Media Picker not working for PDFs in Umbraco 7.1

Media Picker only shows images, and not PDFs. Just upgraded to 7.1, but was having problems in 7.0.4 as well.

I edited \Umbraco\Views\common\dialogs\mediapicker.html to change images-only="true" to images-only="false", which seems to fix the problem, but I want to know if this is a bug or if I have done something wrong when using the picker.

Thanks,

Will.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 08:54
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Will,

I would say if that is the case then it's probably a bug. Can you create bug report at http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard#newissue=yes

Jeavon

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 09:10
    Per Ploug

Hi Will

Where do you see this issue, by default the RTE media picker will only show images as it doesnt make sense you can insert PDFs as images, but other media pickers should show those just fine

Apr 04, 2014 @ 09:25
    Will Price

I'm not using it in the RTE, just as a Property in a particular Document Type, so maybe the picker isn't checking properly whether it is in the RTE or elsewhere?

If there's no DataType setting I'm missing somewhere then I'll log a bug report.

\ / \ / i L L 

Edited to add Bug Report ID: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4609 ;

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 11:59
    Josh Olson

I just hit the same bug Will. I used you suggesting of changing images-only="true" to images-only="false" as a temporary fix. Thanks.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 07:42
    Will Price

This issue should be marked as solved - just updated to 7.1.1 and the Media Picker is now working correctly.
    Thanks for the quick update Umbraco contributers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft