Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Coates 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 11:53
    Richard Coates

Passing member properties to macro in Umbraco 7

Hi,

I'm trying to pass a Member property (it's record code in an external database) into a Macro so that I can fetch and display data on that Member when they go to that page.  I can't find any good way to do this, but am sure there must be one out there.

I tried treating the variable as a textbox parameter but it just passes in the variable name.  I see that there is lots of you can do to pull in a page's properties, but I can't see how to access a logged in Member's properties in the same way.

I'm sure that I must be missing something that may or may not be documented out there, but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.  I'm using Umbraco 7.0.4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Richard

• Richard Coates 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 12:56
    Richard Coates

I'm hoping that I put this question in the right forum, rather than the Developer one, because it's not the development I'm having problems with, it's the technique within Umbraco to pass in a Member property to a Macro, not the Macro itself.  Alternatively, can I get Umbraco to treat the logged-in Member property as a page property so that I can use the standard [#pagepropertyname] format?

At the moment I'm not sure if this is something obvious that I've missed, or something really awkward that no one else is doing - which I find really difficult to believe.

Thanks,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft