Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 14:04
    Andreas Pfanner

Media - physical file changes / broken links

Hi,

I started using Umbraco 7.1. After I added some files to the media library (pdf, images) I added them to a page using the rich text editor.

This works, but when I delete an existing file (not the media item itself), and upload a new file with a different file name (so the physical file name of an existing media item changes on the server), the image or link will be broken, because the old file name is still used by Umbraco.

Isn't it possible that such changes are tracked automatically and the correct (actual) url is used (containing the new file name)?

Best Regards Andreas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

Good catch - I think you should file a bug report on the issue tracker about this actually.

Please post the link to the issue in here as well so others who experience the same can go and vote it up.

Cheers, Jan

Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:50
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Jan,

will do that - as far as I know the problem also existed in previous versions of Umbraco. It's pretty curious that nobody had a problem with that behavior yet, isn't it?

Best Regards Andreas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

Yeah, actually it is a bit weird if others have not experienced it. But perhaps they have just fixed it by not renaming maybe?

/Jan

Apr 25, 2014 @ 14:13
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Jan,

Since I can't control what editors do it's not really a solution for me.

As you suggested I created a bug report on the issue tracker, please feel free to vote up: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4760

Best Regards Andreas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft