Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 14:25
    Andreas Pfanner

Change password

Hi,

Isn't it possible for users (editors) in Umbraco 7.1 to change their own password in the backend? I couldn't find such an option.

Best Regards Andreas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 15:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

It's been moved to another place. If you click the image / logo in the top left corner you get a pop-out where it's possible to click an "Edit" button, which takes you to your profile page where you can change your password.

Other users should be able to do this as well.

Hope it makes sense.

/Jan

Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:37
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply. I also thought about that, but I actually only see that button as admin user. I just figured out that the editor user accounts are set up that they don't have the "Users" area in backend, so I guess according to that setting they also don't get the profile edit button at all.

Also just tried to enable the Users area for all editor users, but then they not only are allowed to change their password, but they are allowed to change everything on any user profile (altought they are in Editors role).

Any guess?

Best Regards Andreas

• Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 15:50
    Christian Liebe-Harkort

Hi Andreas,

i just experienced, the same behaviour and was about to post a question as I found this thread.

I realized, that if you give the users (editors) access to the user section the "edit profile" button shows up. Not optimal, because they could change settings in the user section, but at least kind of a work around.

/Christian

• Ben 112 posts 398 karma points
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 21:15
    Ben

I am experiencing this as well.

Apr 11, 2014 @ 09:07
    Andreas Pfanner

@Christian: For me it's not really a workaround to give every user access to the Users section.

I found a ticket in the bug tracker concerning this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3648

According to Sebastiaan Janssen the Change Password dashboard has been added in 7.1, but I cannot see it anywhere in the backend. Only the administrator gets a "Get Started" tab (and nothing else), and editor users don't see any dashboard at all (the area stays completely empty after logon).

It's a fresh install of 7.1 (no update).

Any guess?

Best Regards Andreas

• Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:07
    Christian Liebe-Harkort

Hi Andreas,

what I did is to remove the access to the user section, once the editor has changed his initial password, But I agree it is not really a practical solution, especially if you have many editors.

From the ticket you linked, it appears that there should be the "change password dialog" somewhere, but I cannot see it either.I am using 7.1.1.

Christian

Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

I have not had the chance to explore this issue further myself but perhaps it would be a good idea to comment on the issue if it's not working or is not logical how to do it / achieve it since this sounds like it could be done in a better way - I'm sure the HQ would love hearing from you :)

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

I just had a further look at this evening - turns out that in /umbraco/dashboard there indeed is a "ChangePassword.html" file, which is not referenced in the /config/dashboard.config though.

But perhaps it can be referenced as a temporary workaround untill this issue is fixed? http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4752

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft