Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 16:22
    Dan Evans

Members error on upgrade to 7.1

I've just upgraded to 7.1 and am getting this error when I try and load members. The error may have started earlier as the site has been upgraded from Umbraco 6.

Failed to retreive data for child nodes undefined

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. 

Stack Trace: 

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Factories.MemberReadOnlyFactory.BuildEntity(MemberReadOnlyDto dto)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MemberRepository.BuildFromDtos(List`1 dtos)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MemberRepository.PerformGetAll(Int32[] ids)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.GetAll(TId[] ids)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MemberRepository.GetPagedResultsByQuery[TDto](Sql sql, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords, Func`2 resolveIds)
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.MemberService.FindMembersByDisplayName(String displayNameToMatch, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords, StringPropertyMatchType matchType)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.MemberTreeController.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  • Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 17:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey Dan, could you try and go to the developers section and click on the section header "Developers" so you can get to the Examine dashboard where you can rebuild the members index, might be that it is out of sync.

Apr 07, 2014 @ 17:47
    Dan Evans

I get the same error when I try to rebuild the index...

Apr 07, 2014 @ 18:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Alright, maybe delete the whole App_Data\TEMP folder and recycle your app pool?

Apr 07, 2014 @ 18:16
    Dan Evans

Same thing I'm afraid. In addition I get a YSOD with the above error for about 20 seconds after recycling, then the site comes back but members still throwing an error.

Apr 07, 2014 @ 19:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Any chance you can zip up your site and DB so I might have a look? Email me a dropbox (or similar) link at sebastiaan @ umbraco .com (any secrets in your app will be kept to myself of course, this is purely for debugging purposes).

Apr 08, 2014 @ 09:11
    Dan Evans

Emailed a link to you. Thanks for checking it out!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft