Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Hill 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 17:07
    Adam Hill

MVC Form validation

Hi all,

I'm creating a form that allows front end users to select a number of items from an umbraco repository. As the items in this repository can change I can't hard code all the items into the model, so I'm outputting input boxes in the view and picking them up again in the controller.

I'm calling @Html.Action("RenderCreate", "CreateSurface") in a Macro Partial and populating the model with the repository content in this method.

The problem comes when validation for the form fails. The method processes the form and if the validation fails calls CurrentUmbracoPage() as per the following documentation: 

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Mvc/forms  

The model is correct at this point, with the repository items and select items stored in arrays. However as the link above states the model doesn't persist, so I lose all the data I have just stored in the array and RenderCreate is recalled. 

I don't know if I'm going about this in fundamentally the wrong way or if there is a way to redirect to the page and pass the model I've created to the view?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft