Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 14:53
    Andy Butland

Property order within a tab

Not 100% sure if this is a 7.1.1 bug but wanted to check my understanding before reporting it.

I have a base page document type, with a couple of properties: "heading" and "standfirst" on a tab called "Content".

If I then create document types that inherit from this type and add more properties to the "Content" tab, sometimes they appear above "heading" and "standfirst" and on other types they appear below.  From memory in previous versions they always appeared below.

Is this is a bug or something I am controlling without realising?

Thanks

Andy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 15:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

I have not stumbled upon this issue myself but I'm thinking if it could perhaps be the sortorder number that is causing this?

Or is it when viewed from the settings section that some tabs are showed above/below?

/Jan

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:02
    Andy Butland

Thanks for commenting Jan - but to clarify it's not the tabs I'm talking about, it's the properties within a particular tab and they order they appear in the content editing pane.

Andy

• Chris Roberts 74 posts 106 karma points c-trib
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 16:10
    Chris Roberts

Hi,

Did anyone find a solution to this?

I have a document type which inherits properties from a number of compositions. I'd like to be able to specify the order of the properties within the tab.

If I could have a box with a number in it for each property within the 'Reorder' functionality (as we get for the tabs) - this would solve my problem!

Am I missing something, or can't this be done through the UI?

Thanks,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft