Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jeff mayer 122 posts 200 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 17:13
    jeff mayer

Creating a table inside macro

Any suggestions for creating a table using a macro? I would like to  give users a method to create tables within a  richtext block. Would like a little more control then the TinyMC table.  

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 18:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff

What specific options is it you want to provide your editors by using the macro approach?

Is it stuff like

• caption
    • Rows
    • Columns
    • header relations
    • table headers
    • etc.

But in short you can in principle setup each of the parameters you want to control and based on those values render a table for the editor. However I'm not sure it's the proper approach.

However I agree that the table editor in TinyMCE is no good either.

Perhaps creating a dashboard for generating tables and then copy pasting them into the rich text editor is a better option.

Or making a specific property editor for doing it. The downside would be that you will have the table in it's own property, which is not in the context of the rest of the text in the rte....but then you could create a tables section (In the content tree) where editors can create tables and then in the rich text field be able to reference the tables using a macro that allows them to choose content nodes. But then again...it's not ideal.

Don't know if it's perhaps possible to create some cutom editor button in tinymce, which could be used instead.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft