Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Beginner 28 posts 78 karma points
    Apr 13, 2014 @ 13:16
    Beginner

Problems linking to pdf in richtextbox editor

Hi everyone.

I running a version 7.1.0.

My problems is that in the richtextbox editor I can't acces my uploaded pdf files, which I have uploaded in the media folder. Other files like images works great. I am trying to Insert/edit link on my text and then link to file, but the folder shows none of my pdf files!

Does any have a solution for this? 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2014 @ 13:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Beginner

Can you perhaps post a screendump of the issue?

It may be a bug but before I suggest you file a bug issue I would love to learn a bit more about it.

Cheers, Jan

Apr 13, 2014 @ 14:10
    Beginner

Thanks for your answer!

Here is an image where you can se i have uploaded my pdf files and they are visible in the media folder in top of the image. At below I cant se the pdf files.

Should I report this as a bug or does it work for someone else??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2014 @ 14:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Could you perhaps try to upgrade your installation from 7.1.0 to 7.1.1?

Make sure to read the upgrade advise on the download page and make sure to make a backup of your files and database before progressing.

/Jan

• Loyan Roylance 10 posts 51 karma points
    Apr 16, 2014 @ 19:41
    Loyan Roylance

I believe I am expereincing the same issue. I am not able to view or select the document type File in the media library from the Content area. Files are visable in the Media section. Files are not visable from the rich text editor or from a Media Picker. 

I am on Umbraco 7.10

Is this a known issue? Can anyone else see a File in the media library from the Content section?  

Apr 16, 2014 @ 20:53
    Beginner

Hi again.

I think the problem is solved if you upgrade to version 7.1.1. as Jan S. wrote. it you read under issues and tasks here you will se that it has been fixed: http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/711

• quincint 4 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 03:20
    quincint

I have version 7.1.4 and the issue continues to persist

• Pat Mancini 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 09:03
    Pat Mancini

We are also on Version 7.1.4 and the problem persists.

Changing images-only="false" has no effect in the umbraco\Views\common\dialogs\mediapicker.html

Debugging show Total items are correct, but the 'data.items' is empty for pdf's. Will post a fix if we find it.

• Pat Mancini 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 02:42
    Pat Mancini
    OK there has been some confusion on our part the proper way to insert Files/Pdfs/Documents into the Rich Media Editor is to follow the steps below:

1. Enter Text you want to become linkable in the editor and highlight the text.
    2. Click the button "Insert/Edit Link"
    3. Click 'Link to file' and select your file.  (All Documents are visible at this point!)

4. Select the desired Target eg) Open in new window.

Done Love it!

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:51
    Karen Worth

This is still an issue, selecting 'link to page' isn't the solution and selecting link to media just presents a list of all the folders in the media section, however, I don't want to link to a folder, I want to link to a pdf or document that is IN one of those folders but clicking on any of the folders just selects it. This never used to be a problem before I upgraded to 7.6.4 currently, am just trying to update to 7.7.1 to see if this fixes the issue, otherwise it is really annoying as the only other way to link to files is to upload directly to the media file and then pick up the link from the properties page and paste it back into the required website page, which is time consuming and fiddly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft